Pledge to support girl child education on Independence Day, organized rides across cities in India
Bangalore,21stAugust 2018 : Triumph Motorcycles India marked the 72nd Independence Day with special Triumph Freedom Ride held across its dealerships in India. Celebrating the spirit of freedom, 513 riders from the Riders Association of Triumph groups participated in the ride.
With the Triumph Freedom Ride, Triumph Motorcycles continued with it’s annual tradition of bringing riders together on the Independence Day to support the noble cause of girl child education. Triumph riders donated generously for this very special cause. The proceeds from the ride will support the #SheCanFly campaign of Smile Foundation, and will be used to educate girl children for one full year. Smile Foundation is a national level development organization benefitting over 400,000 underprivileged children, their families and the community directly through 250 welfare projects on subjects such as education, healthcare, livelihood, and women empowerment across 25 states of India.
Spearheading India operations Mr. Shoeb Farooq, General Manager, Triumph Motorcycles India, who led the ride from New Delhi said, “It was fantastic to see so many of our riders turning up for the Independence Day ride, all riding for a noble cause, It was indeed a proud moment for all of us to be a part of this Freedom Ride. In a country like ours, where the female population has limited access to education, it is imperative we continue to create opportunities for growing girl children to learn, grow and evolve. Like every year, Triumph enthusiasts have shown great amount of support for this noble cause wholeheartedly. I am certain that the number of riders will continue to rise and make the experience a memorable one”.
Mr. Santanu Mishra, Co-Founder and Executive Trustee, Smile Foundation said– “Education is the most important element of our upbringing and especially for women, as education empowers a woman towards a better life. We immensely appreciate the efforts taken by brand Triumph in partnering us to promote the cause of Girl Child- She can fly campaign. Through this initiative, we want to sensetize civil society and partner them in the process of empowering, educating and making our girl child stronger, to stand her own ground.”
About Triumph Motorcycles – NOTE TO EDITORS
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
• Building around 67,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has over 700 dealers across the world.
• The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA. The original British superbike and a race winner straight out of the crate. Chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE authentic modern classic choice today.
• Today, Triumph has been producing “Tiger” motorcycles for more than 80 years, the first competition Triumph Tiger (70, 80 and 90 models) all won their classes in the 1936 ISDT (International Six Day Trial).
• Triumph holds a unique place in the history of the International Six Day Trials as the motorcycle of choice for both the multiple winning British teams and famously Steve McQueen’s US ride entry in 1964.
• At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
• This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the epic Speed Triple, the game changing all new Street Triple 765, the class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the stunning Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton, accessible Street Twin, Street Scramble and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles
• Triumph currently employs around 2,000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Key Highlights, Triumph Motorcycles India
- Triumph Motorcycles India is a subsidiary of the iconic British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph Motorcycles, one of the oldest British Motorcycle Brands established in 1902
- Fastest growing luxury & lifestyle brand in India
- 5000 Customers; 55 major auto awards
- 16 state-of-the art dealerships at strategic locations
- CKD Assembly Facility at Manesar, Haryana
- Rider groups started in all dealer cities (Riders Association of Triumph) in line with Triumph Motorcycles’ brand ethos – For the Ride
Key Highlights, For the Ride – Consumer
Tie up with India’s leading financial service provider HDFC & the world’s leading lubricant manufacturer, Castrol to ensure top notch quality
Global branding across every store in India, with build your own bike concept and full stock of riding gear, accessories and clothing
24 X 7 Customer service helpline – 1800 300 000 51
2 years unlimited mileage warranty on all the Motorcycles